Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Georgia Wedding #2

This past weekend we made our second trip in just over a month to Middle Georgia to see my cousin Jamie marry his long-time girlfriend Kelly. So I'm back with some photos of the ceremony and some other randomness from our drive.

The first part of the trip was a little rough for me. For whatever reason, I was car sick within the first 30 minutes of being on the road, and it lasted pretty much the entire trip (which was 5 and a half hours if you include our stop for lunch). I don't normally get car sick unless I read a book or something. And the initial plan was to grade papers while driving up there, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. So, let's just say I was not a happy camper. However, these views definitely cheered me up!

My name is Hannah, and yes I like to take photos of my feet. And yes, I know my nails need some serious help.









Man I love fall! I love being able to see the leaves change colors. Sure, in the leaves in Florida change colors - they go from green to dead and fall onto the ground. We totally miss out on all the rich reds, oranges, and yellows. These are the falls I remember from my childhood - spending Thanksgivings in Georgia at my grandparents house and driving up and down that dirt road looking for golf balls (there was a golf course along the beginning of the road). It had been a few years since I got to witness the changing of the seasons. I guess technically I got to see it last year, but my trip to Georgia last year wasn't for the happiest occasions... But we won't get into that now. The point of this post is to celebrate the union of two people who are totally in love.









They had a table underneath the gazebo that had pictures of the bride and grooms grandparents that had passed away. The picture on the left is of my Granny. She passed away almost a year ago.


Their wedding was beautiful! And I'm so happy that Kelly is now officially part of the family. Sorry I don't have more details on the location, but the site doesn't have a web page that I can link to.

So, that's two weddings in just a little over a month. Now I guess its my turn - our wedding is just 5 short days away! I hope to post at least once more before then, but who knows what will happen between now and then. Anyone else have multiple weddings that they had to attend in a short amount of time? What's the farthest you've travelled for a wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...