Friday, May 25, 2012

Red, White, and Blue

I am so glad it's Friday! Today was the last day of school with students. Year two is officially done! I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend and spending three days with the hubby.

But I wanted to drop in quickly and share a quick project I worked on last weekend with my mom. My mom is the Lady Auxiliary President of a local VFW. And the VFW is having a Memorial Day ceremony this weekend. Part of the ceremony, since their post is located on a lake, is to lay a wreath (or two or three) in the lake in remembrance of fallen veterans. So, she and I made a wreath.


Supplies were pretty basic: ribbon, styrofoam form, fake flowers. The ribbon was made by someone at Michaels, where all the other supplies were purchased. Here's our finished product:



Obviously the wreath isn't biodegradable, which is a concern my mom had when she bought all of the supplies. But, to make a semi-biodegradable wreath, she was told by the lady at Michaels that it would sink immediately and wouldn't float long enough for the purpose of the ceremony. So, my mom is planning on having someone go out and collect the wreath before it sinks to the bottom of the lake.

Here are a couple more pictures of the wreath before I go.



I hope everyone enjoys their three-day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...