Thursday, September 27, 2012

M.I.A.

That's how I've felt these past two weeks. Missing In Action. I still can't believe it's been two weeks since I've even checked on this little ole blog. I started to feel so out of the loop. But work kept calling me away from the computer to do other things. Honestly, there is still quite a few things left to do on my school to-do list, but my mind needed a break from it all.

So, since I've been out of the loop, I thought I'd catch you up on some of the things that have been happening around here.

  • Our school's football team has been ranked #1 in the state, which is a pretty big deal around these parts I guess. Not a big football fan myself, but still pretty proud of the kids.
  • This week is homecoming week. Tonight is the bonfire pep rally. You can see I'm not participating.
  • There will be some jumping-for-joy in our household next month. Why? The Hubby's student loan will officially be paid off!!! We're both crazy excited! After his loan is gone, we're going to be focusing on paying off my car, which is next in our debt snowball.
  • The Hubby is still making his way home from work. He may be okay with these two hour drives, but they are killing me. Considering I be home as early as 4 o'clock, having to wait until 7 makes things a little difficult in terms of planning dinner. Let's just say that my stomach is starting to talk to me.
  • Speaking of the Hubby, he's got a milestone birthday coming up in about 5 weeks. He'll officially be a quarter-century old! We're not planning anything too big, probably just dinner out with family and close friends.
  • Also, one more Hubby related item: He's still working his butt off trying to get hired on as an EMT anywhere. He tested with a nearby county last week, and he'll be testing with another local county tomorrow morning. We're crossing our fingers for the department he'll be testing with tomorrow, but honestly, at this point, anything closer than 2 hours will be a blessing. Both positions are part-time, but it will get his foot in the door, which is the best we can hope for right now. So, prayers and finger crossing is going on in our household tonight.
  • Oh, and speaking of birthdays, there are a lot of "Big-0" birthdays coming up on my side of the family. And my mom has gotten this grand idea to host an "O" party in honor of everyone's milestones. I think we have someone turning 60, 50, and 40 in the next couple months. My cousin just turned 29, and I think my mom is trying to lump him in with the rest. But the irony of it all, she wants to host the party on the Hubby's birthday. She seemed excited when I mentioned that it was his birthday, but then really disappointed that his age wasn't even close to an "0" birthday. Ha! That's my mom for ya.
  • We've been trying to incorporate more healthy foods in our diet. The easy choices for us seem to be fruit, so we've been making a lot of smoothies lately. Dan's favorite is the peanut butter & banana smoothie. He added a bit of ovaltine to his to give it more of a chocolate taste. The other go-to favorite is a simple strawberry banana smoothie made with orange juice. Yum!
 

  • In other news, this girl will soon join the Apple club. Yep, I will soon be the owner of an iPad. Well, more like borrower. Our school is getting iPads for all of the AP students and their teachers, which means I get one! Still not sure on the exact date of delivery, but it should be in the next couple of weeks. I'll finally get to see what all the fuss is about. So I've been researching some apps for the students to use next semester when they get their hands on their iPads.
  • I noticed the Instagram widget on the sidebar seems to be on the fritz? Not sure if its a temporary thing on their end. But if it's not up and running soon, I guess I'll have to take it down.
  • An update to the situation I mentioned 2 weeks ago: They still haven't found the scumbag.
  • The first 9 weeks is ending in exactly 2 weeks. Which means I will have to have grades finalized here soon. And considering the size of my to-be-graded pile on top of my never ending to-do list, I'm not looking forward to this. Still need to make a semester exam on top of everything else too.

Well, I think you're officially caught up. I know, nothing glamorous or exciting. But what can I say, we're your pretty average couple doing pretty average things. Jobs, debt, technology, birthdays, health.... all part of the equation. I'm just hoping that it won't be another two weeks until my next post... there is still that challenge thing that keeps hanging around. I swear, I'll finish it eventually. Maybe over Christmas break... if we're lucky!

What have you guys been up to? I've tried to catch up on all the blog reading I've been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...