Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sunsets and Tornado Warnings

This past week I attended a Common Core workshop in St. Petersburg with a few of my colleagues. We stayed two nights in a really nice hotel right on the beach. Even though I was sitting in a high school classroom each day, Dan got to enjoy the beach while I was working. Each night we got to enjoy a gorgeous sunset over the water.








And, each night, when we turned around and looked at the hotel, we saw menacing clouds....





Rather than being able to walk along the beach and enjoying the evening, we were cooped up in our hotel room while the tornado warnings were being issued.


One night it was reported that a water spout had formed and made landfall a little south of where we were. Luckily, no one was hurt and very little damage was done.

It always amazes me how quickly the weather in Florida can change during the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...