Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Life Lately: A Snapshot

The other day my real-life teacher friend, Danielle posted a quick snapshot of what was going on in her life. I thought it was a great way to quickly share what was happening lately, so why not play along? 


Making breakfast (if pouring a bowl of cereal counts?).
Cooking this recipe from Pinterest later for dinner.
Drinking a tall glass a milk.
Reading Cornell notes my students turned in last Friday.
Wanting a vacation. Nothing fancy. Just time away for a little while.
Looking at my pile of grading and feeling overwhelmed.
Playing.... who has time for that?
Wasting time writing this rather than grading papers.


Sewing would require me actually knowing how to sew. :)
Wishing I could go back to sleep.
Enjoying the peace and quiet.
Waiting on 6 o'clock to roll around so I can start getting ready for work.
Liking the fact that we have an assembly today, oddly enough.
Wondering when/if I'll ever get caught up with everything that has been piled on me at work.
Loving the idea of cooler weather (for Florida standards) coming soon.
Hoping Dan doesn't get a late call tonight and can come home on time.

KEEP CALM AND THANK AN EMT

Marveling at the idea that Dan and I have been married nearly two years already!
Needing to get to work a little early so that I can get stuff ready for today before the faculty meeting starts.
Smelling the air freshener that just went off. 
Wearing my pajamas and robe.
Following the blogiversary happenings over at the first blog I started reading and crossing my fingers that I win their weekend getaway giveaway.
Noticing that I need to start wrapping this thing up...
Knowing I can only do so much in a 24 hour period, I need to stress less and just do what I can.
Thinking about all that time I wasted at Common Core workshops only to be told our state is pulling out.


Feeling a little overwhelmed.
Bookmarking YouTube videos that I need to download for upcoming lessons, like this one.
Opening up a page to check Pinterest sounds more appealing than checking emails right now.
Giggling at the fact that Periwinkle has moved from her normal spot on the couch to sleeping inside our empty laundry basket.
Feeling like I'm ready to tackle the day.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...