Monday, December 16, 2013

Things My Students Say: Broken Dreams

So you can imagine, as a teacher, I hear all sorts of random and crazy things coming out of the mouths of teenage students on a pretty regular basis. Usually, I just laugh and move on. But sometimes, the things they say are so funny that I have to stop and write it down so I can share it. I wish I was making this stuff up....

It's been a while since I've posted any sort of "real" content on this blog. This is our last week before the end of the semester and Christmas Break, so I've been swamped with papers to grade and students freaking out about their grades.....


Anyways, I thought I'd share a conversation that happened last Friday in my Advanced Placement class. My AP students take their tests online using their school-issued iPads. Fancy, huh? Well, each test is password protected and my kids like to guess what the password is. The hint for Friday's password was a thing within the classroom.

"Computer?"          "Nope."

"Map?"                  "Nope."

"Desk?"                 "Nope."

Then.....

"Broken dreams?"  

................

Yes. Apparently, my classroom is filled with the broken dreams of Advanced Placement students.

They joys of working with sarcastic teenagers....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...