Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Adventures: Card Making

Over the last few years, my mom has gotten involved with her local VFW. She's made a lot of friends along the way. One of those friends invited us to attend a 'Cupcakes and Cards' party at her sister's house, who happens to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator. So, a couple weeks ago, I went to a card making party with a group of 50 and 60 year-old women. 

At this particular workshop/party, we got to make 13 unique cards. It's one of the larger parties that Dee, our hostess, has each year. She was crazy organized! We all got a large folder with 13 separate ziploc bags that had all the paper materials we would need to create each card. Then, there were corresponding tupperware containers that had the instructions and any of the stamps that were needed.


I didn't take too many pictures during the party itself - I had my hands full with ink and glitter - but, these are some of my favorite cards that we made:






I seriously love the fact that I've got a small stash of cards that I can go to when I need to send a thank you or a simple hello to a friend. It makes me want to get more involved in card making. But then I remember that we're still on a budget in this house, and card making supplies isn't a part of that budget. Maybe one day...


If you'd like more information on Stampin' Up, you can check out Dee's website here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...